If you think you are on the road to bitterness for whatever reason, here are a few pointers to overcome that cancer.
So you felt like you have been used, taken for granted or just downright played! Now you are left confused and hurt but seething with revenge or hate? Stop!! What you are heading into is a self-made trap. Let’s help you get out…
- Think back to before you felt this way.
- See yourself in the different situations you somehow found yourself in.
- Remember you are in charge of yourself (emotions,attitudes,etc).
- Look at the angles of how thing were going to where you are now, you may feel a bit sorry or angry with yourself. Yes! bitterness encloses that area too, where you are very upset that you allowed yourself to be used.
To fix this you must:
- Admit you had the power to change the situation before it got to where you are at.
- Consider and accept that it is past and doesn’t define who you are now.
- Forgive the other person. Yep, forgiveness comes when you accept that the other person is human too and may not have been as mature enough to see their problem at the time. So you forgive… don’t hold them as a prisoner in your heart. It will only hurt you.
- Move on with your life. Continue to develop/enlighten self. Learn more about who you are as a person and be clear about what you want and do not want from people.
- Don’t forget to smile, it helps.
If this was helpful or if you can add anything else, feel free to comment. Thank you.♥♥♥